Home security systems offer you and your loved ones peace of mind. Today’s security system is not the same as it was five years ago. Modern systems are comprised of multiple components that work together to protect your entire house.
What Makes Up a Modern Home Security System?
These components are what protect your home from intruders, fires and even flooding. While some are add-ons, others come standard with a new home security system install.
- Panel – This is the center for your alarm system. It communicates with all of the sensors installed in your home, allows you to arm and disarm the system and is used for maintenance.
- Door and Window Sensors – These are the most basic pieces of a home security system. They are strategically placed on your doors and windows and when the alarm is active, will set off the security system if a sensor detects an opening.
- Motion Sensors – Motion sensors recognize heat and movement within a 25-foot range and 90-degree arc. They can supplement where door and window sensors may not reach and can help complete the coverage your system provides.
- Surveillance Cameras – These are often an added feature. They can be placed inside and outside the home for added peace of mind and they let you check-in on your home no matter where you are.
- Panic Buttons – These are designed to arm and disarm your alarm, but if you use the panic mode, they automatically alert the authorities without calling you first.
- Automation Controls – From turning lights on and off to securing doors and even turning off the television, home automation controls can be integrated with your home security system for added convenience.
Brinton Security can help you find the right home security system and add-ons to suit your residence. We offer free in-home estimates and can discuss the components of our latest security panels and monitoring options.
Call Brinton Security today. We can help you customize the right home security system to fit your needs and budget.